Missing teeth can make your days harder in both little and big ways. Perhaps they make you smile differently so the gaps won’t show, or maybe you’re not able to eat your favorite foods simply because you can’t chew them. Missing teeth can be a major nuisance, and over time, they can actually drastically impact your overall health.
Thankfully, Dr. Meredith Davis offers the very best dental implants near Richarson, TX - and beyond! She performs all components of the treatment in-house - no referrals needed!
How Do Dental Implants work?
A dental implant is actually a small titanium post that is placed into your jawbone to recreate the root of your tooth. No other restorative procedure can accomplish this, and this is why implants have the strongest, most secure hold of any tooth-replacement method available today. These posts also support your jawbone just like natural teeth, which will help preserve both your oral health and the shape of your face.
We offer many types of dental implants at our Richardson dentist's office including:
- Single Dental Implants. Used to restore a single tooth. Single dental implants are used as a more long-lasting alternative to traditional dental bridges.
- All-on-4®. Designed to place entire arches of teeth and is recommended for those with widespread tooth loss. All-on-4 uses as little as four dental implants to attach a fixed prosthesis.
- Implant-Retained Dentures. Traditional dentures that are fastened to the gums using dental implants for daytime wear and are easily removed for nighttime cleansing. A great option for those who like removable dentures but want a more secure fit.
To place them, you will undergo a minor surgical procedure where the implants will be placed into your mouth via a small incision in your gums. Afterward, you’ll be given 4-6 months to heal, during which time the implants will actually bond to the surrounding bone, providing an even better hold. Then, you’ll return to our office to receive your replacement teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Before beginning an advanced dentistry plan like dental implant supported tooth replacement, we will recommend that you take all the time you need to gather information and feel confident this is the right option for you. Some of the benefits that make dental implant supported tooth replacement the ideal solution for patients include:
- Self-supporting – unlike other tooth replacement options that utilize other teeth and oral structures to provide support for replacement teeth, a dental implant-retained restoration is completely self-supported. The implant posts mimic the roots of teeth, and they offer improved stability for any number of replacement teeth.
- Natural – the close-to-nature results, replacing both the roots and crowns of missing teeth, mean that your recreated teeth will look, feel, and function as well (if not better!) than the healthy smile you were born with.
- Long-lasting – traditional bridges and dentures need to be replaced every five to ten years. An implant-retained crown, bridge, or denture will last twenty years, three decades, or even longer.
- Improved oral health – because the dental implant posts replace lost tooth roots, your gums and bone tissue will continue to receive the stimulus necessary to ensure you maintain healthy soft tissue volume and jawbone density for better overall oral health.
Who’s the Right Candidate for Dental Implants?
We place dental implants for patients of all ages because living without any number of teeth is a problem, no matter what demographic you fit into.
Before the process commences, though, you’ll undergo a complete dental examination. Therefore, if there is any restorative work that needs to be completed or you’re lacking sufficient bone mass to support a dental implant, Dr. Davis can work with you to develop an appropriate counter-strategy.
Because such a tedious approach is taken to the dental implant process, the average success rate after 10 years is 95%. As an added benefit, with proper care, your dental implant can last 30 years or more. That means you’ll have plenty of time to take photos of your beautiful new smile. The path to receiving dental implants in Richardson starts by contacting us today to schedule your first visit!
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Out-of-pocket dental implant costs can vary greatly from patient-to-patient. Some factors that could impact the cost of your treatment plan include:
- The number and location of missing teeth
- The number of dental implants used and material they’re crafted from
- The type of dental restoration, crown, bridge, partial, or full denture
- The need for preparatory oral health care treatments like soft tissue or bone grafts, tooth extractions, and gum disease treatments
- The use of dental sedation to ensure comfort
- The availability of dental insurance benefits – typically they do not cover the implant posts but will cover replacement teeth and other services
During your consultation, we’ll walk you through each part of your dental implant tooth replacement plan and the costs associated with every step of the process.
To make your tooth implant cost more manageable, we accept a wide range of insurance plans and even accept no-interest and low-interest monthly payments through CareCredit®. If you don't have insurance, join our In-House Membership Plan, a dental discount plan designed to help you save on many services.
Restore Your Smile For Life!
Let Dr. Davis give you the complete, permanent, and beautiful smile you deserve. Call us today to schedule your dental implant consultation.